Dadgummit. I shouldn't have, but I did (with hardly any resistance). I don't keep up with K-pop or the culture in general really, but I owe every ounce of correct pronunciation and acknowledgement from Korean adults as a native speaker to that which is notorious for sucking sleep away while managing to wrench tears out of people of all ages, but especially teenage girls, korean dramas. Yes, I know. I sound pathetic, but sometimes I'm in the mood for a good cry. Not because it's that time of the month, but as strange as it sounds, I get bored with my own life. Work. Home. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. My life has devolved into a vicious cycle of solo activities (mostly by choice) and is craving for some intense action. An opportunity to feel whether it's adrenaline, pain, anger or true sadness. Currently and thankfully, there is not enough drama in my life to really dispose of my overdue, stale tears *knock on wood*
I don't shed tears over just anything (unless I'm watching Armageddon) which is perhaps why it's so rare to catch me in the act. For this, my older sister literally thinks I'm a robotic ice queen that is stingy when it comes to sympathy. And she's right. I sparingly share my sympathies especially in movies (because they're not REAL), but I can't help it. She took all the caring genes. Sometimes I think my "coldness" is misunderstood which will be explained in another blog post, or never.
Anyways, I was having one of those I-need-to-feel-to-feel-I'm-alive kind of moments so I did what my inner-Korean-drama-loving-self does....went on Mysoju.com and began episode 1 of the first of many Korean drama obsessions: Autumn Tale. This is where I begin to sound like every other Korean girl, but still, I insist on ranting about Korean celebrities as if they care what I say about them. Song Seung Hun has the most amazing eyebrows. Song Hye Kyo is just drop dead pretty but has the most frustrating personality in the drama. And Won Bin plays the damaged, bad-boy-turned-angel character pretty well. So well, in fact, that I might have fallen for him had he been real and somehow present in my life. This drama is literally so sad that when you watch 4+ episodes back to back, and not one episode a week like how you're supposed to, you literally get dehydrated from all the tears lost. The story also seems to move a bit too fast-- you can't love someone after you've known them for 2 weeks!!!
My advice: Don't start a drama if you are unable to resist the cliff hanger endings and shut your computer off. My eyes have been puffy and tired (not a good combo when looking at spreadsheets all day) for the past week. Thank. God. it's almost over. Last episode tonight. Can't wait to get good sleep.
i thought you were a strong woman, angela. this entry proved me severely wrong.
ReplyDeleteyes, when I want to I can let it all out. like a normal person. lol I just don't let myself all the time. There's a difference between wanting to cry sometimes but staying strong vs never having the urge to cry.
Delete...I haven't seen you cry lol
trust me girl. i cry so easily!!
Delete